About Meaghan W. Marketing
Meaghan W. Marketing is a social media management, digital marketing strategy, photography and graphic design business for Washington, DC restaurants run by Meaghan Webster. Formerly a nonprofit communications professional in the city, Meaghan launched her food marketing business in 2017 and now creates social media content, photography and marketing strategies for Washington, DC clients including District Winery, Michelin-starred Masseria, Officina, and others. (Learn more on Instagram)
About the Role:
Meaghan W. Marketing is seeking a Part-Time Social Media Assistant who will help with scheduling clients’ social media content, create eye-catching Instagram stories, engage with followers, and assist with tracking of social media performance. This is an exciting opportunity to work with well-known local restaurant brands and hone your social media strategy skills in order to promote their delicious offerings.
This paid assistant will work approximately 5 hours per week, conducted remotely about 75% of the time, and in-person about 25% of the time.
(Because some of this work will need to take place during regular business hours, this may not be the best role for someone who has a full time 9-5 job.)
- Strong fluency in social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, with heavy emphasis on Instagram
- Understanding of and experience using Instagram Stories and all their features
- Experience managing social media for a business or organization (not just personal accounts)
- Experience using social media scheduling tools, particularly for Instagram
- Strong writing and proofreading skills, with great attention paid to spelling and grammar
- Ability to track social media performance and draw conclusions to inform future strategy
- Although living in/easily getting to DC proper is not required, it will make this work a lot easier when we meet in person
- Assist with scheduling and posting social media content to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for clients (this assistant will not be responsible for drafting all content, although there will be opportunity to learn this if desired. Scheduling already-drafted posts will be the focus to start)
- Assist with creating high-quality Instagram stories for clients
- Assist with monitoring of social media notifications and engaging with followers
- Assist with ensuring that customer messages received on clients’ social media are acknowledged and responded to
- Help proofread client marketing materials including social media posts, email newsletters, and web pages
- Assist with creation of monthly social media, email and website analytics reports for clients
- Attend/participate in a weekly team call (remote) or meeting (in DC) – remote 75% of time, in person 25% of time
Do you meet the required skills above and think this could be a great fit?
To apply, please send a cover letter, your resume, social media work examples for an employer or business, and your personal social media links with the subject line “Part-Time Social Media Assistant” to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: April 19th, 2019